Friday, January 21, 2011

January 21/11

This blog is my accountability to myself for the choices I make daily.  Today I started off on the wrong foot so to say.  I got up out of bed.  I over slept by about a half hour.  Thanks to my dogs not wanting to get up either.  Well I did my usuall morning chores within about a 1/2 hours.  Got the fires going (as I heat my house by wood and that is it) it was cold in the house.  I put the coffee on and fed the dogs.  Than poured myself a large cup of coffee with one tsp of splenda in it.  Than instead of heating up just one oatmeal blueberry muffin (home made) I heated up 2 with some becel on them.  I felt defeated already.  Now I put it in my day to chat with my mom everyday.  This came as I sat down in the front room with my coffee and muffins.  I stayed on the phone with her for about an hour.  After hanging up from her I instantly dialed my girlfriend who is going thru a divorce; and chatted with her for about another hour and a half.  This brought me to noon.  I have yet to get out of the chair so feeling lazy now and not defeated I had to make a decision.   As I went to the fridge to see what I could make for lunch I saw some left over salad so I made a good choice and ate it for lunch.  I also boiled up 3 sausages and ate them plain with a some dijon mustard to dip.  At this point because I recognized my good choice I chose again to do my 20 minute Jillian Micheals workout video.  I felt good about it but am sitting again blogging.  I plan to get up and do 15 minutes on the elipitcal about 5pm.  This should help my activity level. I have been doing well with choices for supper.  I am using a cookbook that is diabetic focused and I am now menu planning which is good for eating habits.  The food I make for supper looks great, tastes great and is healthy for me.
So my journey back to healthy has started with a single footstep.  This is menu planning from a cook book which has healthy recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment